Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions Santa Barbara, CA
Are your teeth showing signs of wearing down? Dental abrasions can look unappealing over time and can negatively affect your dental health and your self-esteem.
At See Me Smile Dental, we understand that dental abrasions can be unattractive and uncomfortable to live with. Our office provides personalized dental abrasion treatment to ensure your smile is always feeling and looking its best.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
A dental abrasion is an irregular wearing down of the tooth’s surface. The abrasion usually presents itself as a v-shaped nick on the bottom of your tooth. There are many habits and elements that can lead to dental abrasions, such as:
- Brushing teeth with unnecessary force.
- Ill-fitting dental clasps on your dentures.
- Regularly using a hard-bristle toothbrush.
- Habitually eating or drinking foods and beverages with a high acid content.
- Oral piercings that scrape your teeth.
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
Dental abrasions can lead to serious oral complications, such as tissue and nerve exposure and damage. Abrasions can also have a negative impact on the look of your smile and your confidence. Some of the symptoms of dental abrasions include:
- Small v-shaped indents appearing on the bottom of your tooth, near your gum line.
- Abnormal tooth sensitivity to the heat or cold.
- Pain in your tooth.
- Sensitive or aching gums.
Dental Abrasion Prevention
Our state-of-the-art office and experienced Dr. Omid Barkhordar and his staff are completely ready to provide you with gentle and successful dental abrasion treatment. There are also ways you can help prevent future dental abrasions, including:
- Make sure all your dental appliances are properly fitted.
- Avoid chewing on your nails or on objects, like a pen.
- Follow Dr. Barkhordar’s expert guidelines on correct tooth brushing techniques.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and refrain from brushing with too much power.
- Come in for your regular dental checkups twice a year.
There’s No Need To Continue Living With An Uncomfortable Dental Abrasion!
Call us at 805-284-0826 and learn more about dental abrasion treatment today!